Monday, January 10, 2011

Adventures on the High Seas, Day #3

Day #3 started off with us getting off the ship and going through the disembarking process. Basically you just have to make it through customs. No big deal there.

Today my goal was to find a place where I could get on my laptop and try to reach out to a few business contacts and make a couple of personal phone calls. (You know, I didn’t realize how much I used the internet, or how much I enjoyed talking to my friends, until I got on a ship and didn’t have access to either phone or internet except when we were in port in the US!)

We found a great little Starbucks and hung out there for awhile so I could take care of my emails. Kristin was still cracking up over her David Sedaris book the entire time I sent emails and made phone calls. She’s quite a little bookworm! After Starbucks, we found a great little Mexican restaurant and enjoyed tacos for lunch.

Day #3 is the day that I was going to meet the cruise director and he was going to see our show for the first time, so there were a few loose ends I still wanted to tie up with the show. We went searching for some fabric and had to go to a Michael’s and a Wal-Mart before we finally found a Joann Fabric store and picked something out.

I think the best part of today was that I had finally found my comfort zone with the show. My stress level was non-existent. The past two days I had been totally stressed out which completely exhausted me. To have the experience of the two shows under my belt helped relax me and made the rest of the week a lot of fun.

The show that night was super fun and easy. I knew what to expect, Kristin and I did our thing, and the audience responded very well.

At this point what I realized was that we had gone through the cruising cycle once and we just had to go through it several more times. Since it was only a two day cruise, we now knew exactly what to expect for the remainder of the week.

Well, that’s what I thought at the time. Wait until Day 4’s report when everything gets turned on its ear because of some pretty bad weather.

If you just joined this little adventure, click here and start the journey at the beginning.  To read Day #4's adventure, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment